Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Positive Thinking

How I did:  Okay it was not easy to stay in control yesterday.  I felt myself slipping a few times. The main issue is I let the actions of others affect the way I am feeling.  I let negative actions overcome the positive thoughts.  So I went looking for some help and this is what I found. 

Scripture verse: Philippians 4:8-9



Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are atrue, whatsoever things are bhonest, whatsoever things are cjust, whatsoever things are dpure, whatsoever things are elovely, fwhatsoever things are of good report; if there be any gvirtue, and if there be any praise, hthink on these things.
Those things, which ye have both learned, and areceived, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
You have the power to be happy.  It is a blessing available to each of us, but to create more joy in our lives, we first have to become the master of our thoughts, because emotion always follows thought.  At any given moment our emotions reveal how we are interpreting what happens in our lives.  When we choose to dwell on what upsets us, we fuel disempowering feelings-- and that creates the emotional experience that determines how we react to our circumstances.  The reverse is also true: Concentrating on the positive not only lifts our mood but can affect our bodies in a joyful, life-enhancing way.
Andrea Gardiner, PhD

check out this video

I tried to embed the video but it was not working.  I hope you enjoyed the song, 1 minute of positive thinking!  I have a feeling it will be in my head the rest of the day!
My Goal today: To empower myself by controlling my thoughts and feeding myself only good thoughts.  



No comments:

Post a Comment