Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Optimism

How I did:  I think I did pretty darn good with the positive thinking.  My day seemed better, I believe part of that is because I shared my blog and the video with my coworkers and we all tried to keep it positive.  It is so much easier to be positive when everyone is working on it together!

Don't get me wrong, my day presented some challenges, but instead of giving the negative thoughts and feelings the advantage, I chose to look for the good in the situation.  I looked for the lessons that I needed to learn and I tried to understand why the situation had come about in the first place.  People have bad days and I have to allow them the same thing I want when I have a bad day: TO VENT!  Luckily, my positive attitude helped alleviate some of the tension and everyone left a little happier.  Thank goodness for the power of positive thinking!

Keeping with the theme of positive thinking I did a little research on optimism.  Here are a few things that made an impression on me:

Scripture verse: Proverbs 17:22

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

Real optimism is aware of problems but recognizes the solutions, knows about difficulties but believes they can be overcome, sees the negatives but accentuates the positives, is exposed to the worst but expects the best, has reason to complain but chooses to smile.

William Arthur Ward

 The Power of A Smile




My goal today: I don't know how many times I have smiled through the tough times, but didn't really mean it in my heart. Today I will smile and mean it!  And I will share a smile with every person I come in contact with.  Making the world better one smile at a time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment