Monday, January 14, 2013

Be Positive Every Day

This weekend I conquered a challenge.  I was asked to speak to a group of teachers about Paul's Epistle to the Colossians. I'm not as comfortable in front of adults as I am in front of teenagers, so this was a growth moment.  And to be honest, I wasn't exactly happy about it until it was over!  

My feeling is that this will be an area that the Lord will keep pushing me into. So I have a choice, to complain about it or embrace it and choose to be happy.  I think the embracing part is the direction I should be leaning towards, but I am still apprehensive.  I'm sure God will keep working with me on that!

I have a busy schedule today so my post will be short and to the point.  Here is my inspiration for the day:

Life is a mixture of moments--
some happy, some sad,
and most in-between.

Make the most of each day
as it happens.

Don't listen to those whispers of doubt;
ignore any voice that says
you can't do something.

You're worthy,
and you can go as far
as you dare dream.

Life will lead you
according to your perceptions.

Let your viewpoint be filled with hope,
and keep your eyes focused 
on the positive.

Barbara J. Hall

My goal today: To be the person the poem is talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment