Friday, January 18, 2013

Advertising Happiness

This has been a crazy busy week!  And still I have, for the most part, been happy!  I have become frustrated with people and situations, but I've been able to turn it around and look for the positive. It is amazing what focusing on the positive can do for you AND those around you.

I have received more compliments on my attitude this week than I have in a long time.  I have even had a few 'thank you's' for helping others see the bright side of the situation.  I don't share this to brag, but to make the point that I obviously needed to work on this area of my life if so many people are noticing! 

In my quest to become a happier person and to bring happiness to those around me, I have come across some quotes from some amazing people that have helped me stay on track.  I've been using this one for inspiration this week:

Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive, good things and good people will be drawn to you.  Everyone wants to be around somebody who can bring cheer and humor to any situation, and optimistic people have a way of finding good things around every corner.  I've seen it happen over and over again.  Unfortunately, the opposite is also true.  A negative attitude is like an advertisement for unhappiness.

Mary Lou Retton

After reading that quote I decided that I would be an advertisement for happiness.  I would be the person described in Isaiah 52:7:

How abeautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bbringeth cgood dtidings, that epublisheth fpeace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto gZion, Thy God reigneth!

I have a lot to be happy about, even when I'm stuck in a bad situation.  My attitude is a reflection on my relationship with God and He is the most hopeful, optimistic person I know!



My goal: To keep being a living advertisement for happiness!


No comments:

Post a Comment