Monday, January 7, 2013

Choosing Happiness

How I did: Yesterday was about resting to rejuvenate and renew my body, mind, and spirit.  Well my spirit was energized with the testimonies that I heard at church and reading the scriptures.  My mind didn't really rest because whenever I get filled with the Spirit my mind starts to go a mile a minute pondering what is going on. But that is a good thing so I'm going with; I did okay in that area.  As for resting my body, I didn't do any strenuous work, but I did play with my niece and nephews and that is anything but calm, but it is super fun!  I don't get to see them often so I try to make the most of the time I do see them.  I think it was important and therefore I'm saying I did alright in this area too.

I had choices to make as to what was appropriate behavior for my day of rest and I think I did okay.  It might not have been completely restful but it brought me and others joy.  And if anything makes things look better it is seeing them through the eyes of joy.   

Scripture:  Alma 27:18 

Now was not this exceeding joy? Behold, this is joy which none receiveth save it be the truly penitent and humble seeker of happiness.


Quote:

You have a choice. You can select joy over despair. You can select happiness over tears. You can select action over apathy. You can select growth over stagnation. You can select you. And you can select life...
Leo Buscaglia  

My goal today: Chose to seek happiness and joy in my day!



No comments:

Post a Comment