Sunday, May 22, 2011

Knowing When to Stop

Day one hundred forty-two


As I woke this morning my thoughts went to all the things I needed to do today and I knew that this was going to be a long day.  I would be dealing with a lot of people today on a lot of different issues and I knew that I would need help to get through this day with grace and my sanity intact.  So this morning I prayed for a soft heart that would be open to God's guiding hand and the energy to give 100% percent to everything I did. 


It is after 8pm and I am just getting home.  It has been a long day and as I sat down to write my blog I remembered this quote:

"When the horse is dead, get off."  ~Author Unknown

So rather than try to write a blog that might be rushed, I think I will listen to those words and thank the Lord for letting me know when to stop.  He knows me so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment